Sunday, April 30, 2006

Chest - Speed and Power


Plyo push ups
12 - BW x 3
Rest - :45
For these I would start in the up position of the push up with both hands on one med ball in the centre of my chest. I would then drop down into a push up and push up as hard and fast as posible back onto the ball.

Bench Press
6 - 315 x 1
Rest - 2:00
Theses were done as fast as posible. I want to get good bar speed off the chest. The board press has allowed me to finish a lift now I need the bottom half to catch up.


Inclind DB Press
120 x 4, x 3, 110 x 4, x 3, x 5
Rest - 1:00
Again these were as fast as I could. I would allow the weight to drop a little faster to have a little more spring for the push.

That does it. I will not feel this type of workout but I think you need it help get the bar speed up


All the best in your weight and programs.
Jason

No comments: