Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Workout Template

Weight Training Journal

My Workout Template



This is a quick template of my new workout. I am applying some aspects of Westside training with a repetition, max effort, and speed day. The chart only applies to the core exercises, accessory exercises will follow a slightly different routine. The core lifts are the basic compound movements, squats, deads, bench, shoulder press, etc... The accessory work I do is will consist of more isolation and dumbbell work.

The basic set up is 2 days on 1 day off alternating between upper and lower body workouts. On lower body day I will start with an Olympic movement but not focus on it, next will be a squat or deadlift variation. The rest of the lifts will target the posterior chain. Because I am not a bodybuilder I do not do any quad isolation work, the front squat is as quad dominate as I go.

I will continue like this for the next 6 weeks then may move to full body and add sprints.

Fitness Anywhere

All the best in your weight and programs.
Jason, CSCS

1 comment:

Bombchell said...

=( I really need to start working out, and stop feeling guilty