Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Take a look monday to see what I did in the Gym

My Weight Training Log Backgound Info


A reader has suggested that I post my weight training workouts. On Monday I will start to do that. I will continue to post tips and articles so for those who do not care what I do in the gym you will still have something to read.

Before I start posting my weight training I though it would be a good idea to post a little about me. I am not a competitive bodybuilder or powerlifter. I do play rugby for the Traverse City Blues here in Northern Michigan, currently at wing, sometimes centre, but hopefully will be flanker. My current weight is 205lbs at a height of 5 foot 10.

My training.

I usually train 5 days a week and try to keep the workout to one hour not including warm-up. For the most part I weight train once a day but on occasion I will train twice with an AM and PM session or I will go to the track and do some intervals.

I break my training into cycles usually between 3 and 6 weeks in length. Most times I just 1 month as a cycle.

For January I will be trying a new weight training routine. I am happy with my weight so I will be working on strength. During my power phase the weights will be high, for me at least, and the volume will be low. I will be using tips and suggestions for the book Russian Strength Training Secretes for Every American. The basic premise for my week will be as follows:
Day 1 – Legs, Chest, Back fairly heavy for reps of 5

Day 2 – arms, assistance work

Day 3 - Legs, Chest, Back the heaviest day 2 sets of up to 5 reps

Day 4 – shoulders, traps

Day 5 - Legs, Chest light weight explosive and fast with long rest

Two off days will be in there somewhere whenever I feel the need to take one.

That about covers it. Feel free to post questions and comments.


All the best in your weight training, powerlifting, and bodybuilding programs.
Jason





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Look forward to it.