Saturday, February 25, 2006

Speed and Power for the Legs

Today I did not do many weights but i did do lots of work.

My warm up consisted of ladder drills and dynamic stretching. Then i did some short sprints and plyo's. This lasted about 40 min then it was off to the power rack. Here I did pause squats for 12 sets of 3 at 225lbs. The weight did not feel heavy but i did not feel the power or springfrom the bottom I think should be there. The idea behind the pause squat is to weight down and rest it on a support for about 2 seconds. You should be at the bottom of your squat and not hvae any of the weight on your back. I rested my bar in the power rack on pins set at 34 inches. I am 5'10" so that makes for a deep squat.

From the bottom you explode up and repeat. The idea is the same as the box squat but you are in the squat position.

Next time I think I can add a little weight but will have to make sure i keep my posture. It is too easy to cheat and let my back do all the work.

All the best in your weight and programs.
Jason

No comments: