Tuesday, August 28, 2007

In the gym - Deloading Week

Weight Training Journal


This week is a deloading week. For the week I will be reducing my workload. I will take a few extra days off and when I do make it to the gym I will keep things light with reps in the 12 - 20 range which will include more med ball, and body weight exercises.

Deloading is an important aspect of weight training. The body takes a beating and needs a chance to rest and recover, this week gives me a chance for that. The body cannot be continually pushed to its limits. If you do not take this break the body will eventually break down and the weights will drop and there is a possibility for injury. I have been cycling my lifts every 3 weeks, 3 weeks hard and 1 week easy.

All the best in your weight and programs.
Jason, CSCS

No comments: