Monday, January 14, 2008

New workout - Phase I

Weight Training Journal

My Workout



After returning from my trip it is time to start a new training program. I have not lifted much for the past few weeks and have lost a little muscle mass along with some strength. My focus this phase will be to add lean muscle mass and some strength, I feel that a modified 5 x 5 program will provide me with the results i am looking for. A typical bodybuilding program will help with the mass but do little for the strength.

I want lost of volume so I will do 2 days on, one day off. The first day will be lower body, while the next will be upper body, followed by a rest day. I have used a similar program design in the past with favourable results so i think I will get success again. One thing I am changing is the volume for the legs. I did too much last time which allowed for some early progress but took its toll as the phase progressed.

Things will look something like this
Day 1 - squat and accessory exercises
Day 2 - a Chest press, Chin, Row, and accessory exercises
Day 3 - off
Day 4 - Deadlift and accessory exercises
Day 5 - Shoulder press, a Chin, a row, and accessory exercises
Day 6 - rest
Day 7 - Step up, and accessory exercises
Day 8 - a press, a Chin, a row, and accessory exercises
Day 9 - rest
Repeat

All the best in your weight and programs.
Jason, CSCS

No comments: