Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Workout - Back, 08/25/09

Still getting back into the swing of things so I am doing a body part a day split. Today's muscle building workout was a back routine. The volume is high as I get back at it.

Pull Ups, neutral grip - 5x5
Seated row, wide grip - 3x8
superset exercise a. OAR - 3x6
superset exercise b. lat sweep 3x10

Not a bad workout. I like to full body workouts and recommend them to anyone I write programs for I thought I would change things up a little a do body part splits.

2 comments:

Max Surikov said...

I'll be working out my back later today and I use a push/pull & heavy/light alternating schedule. Any thoughts on this?

Unknown said...

I think the push pull is one of the best methods to use. That is how I plan most workouts for clients. It is one of the best time efficient training programs to use, one muscle group rests while the other is working. This means you do not have to waste lots of time resting between sets.

As apposed to doing a heavy light split I suggest you try a heavy, volume split. Or if you like what david Tate likes to do you can do a heavy/speed/volume split.

I suggest you try a few different methods and find which works best for you. It is a good idea to change programs often so no need to get set with one rep scheme.

Thanks for the comment. Hope this helps.