What makes buffalo meat so special is its flovour and health benefits. in fact if you didn’t know, you would think you were eating the most flavorful Beef steak or burger you have ever had.
Buffalo meat is lower in cholesterol and per weight has less calories then beef. Add to that a higher iron and protein content and you have the perfect red meat. In fact, buffalo has less cholesterol than chicken with the skin removed or even most fish!
Some major differences as compared to beef:
- 100% Ranch Raised
- 100% MSG Free
- 60% to 80% less fat depending upon the cut
- 35% less cholesterol than beef (+less than chicken with the skin removed.)
- 30% higher in protein and less calories
- No growth-inducing hormones or steroids or antibiotics
- No known human allergies.
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1/4 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb / 455 g ground bison
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. Cook the onion until soft and golden. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together egg whites, oat bran, sweet potato, oregano, sea salt and pepper.
3. Stir in onions and bison. Mix the ingredients together with clean hands until just combined. Take a handful of the meat and create 4 flat patties.
4. Grill the patties on each side until the burgers reach desired doneness.
Nutritional FactsMakes 4 - 4oz Servings
each 4oz Patty contains
- Calories: 143
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fat: 2g
Get more great recipes. Just enter you name and an email you would like them sent to and their yours. Enjoy!