Monday, November 6, 2006

Hypertrophy Week 1 - chest

Weight Training

"Hypertrophy" Chest
Week 1




Week 1 of my Current mass cycle


Bench
Rest - 3:30
315 x 1
345 x 0

Rest ~ 1:30
3 - 185+Chains x 10

Chains are 50 extra pounds.

After a month of static contraction training I wanted to see where I stood. Well it was not good. I can not believe how much my bench fell. 315 was a piece of cake in 2 months ago, and I could bench over 365. Static contraction did not work for me.

Incline DB Press
Rest - :45
10 - 50 x 10
The first 5 sets I had all reps then it went like this: x8, x8, x10, x 7, x8

Chest Dips
3 - BW x max
Rest - :30
X12, x9, x 12

I am not surprised that muscle endurance has decreased, I am not really surprised that I did not see any gains from the last phase. I am surprised how weak I am, I had expected a small carry over as a result of the heavy loads and increased neural adaptations. It was a nice break now back to real weight training.

All the best in your weight and programs.
Jason

No comments: