Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hypertorphy ~ Phase 2, Week 1 - Legs

Weight Training Journal

Legs - Hypertrophy



Squats
5 - 265 x 8
Rest ~ 1:30

Sumo Deadlift
3 - 335 x 8
Rest ~ 1:30

Walking DB Lunges
3 - 60 x 8/leg
superset with
RDL
3 - 225 x 8

The weight in the squat felt easier than I had thought it would be. I do find that at a high volume squats take the wind out of me. Most do not realize it but there is a large aerobic component to anaerobic work, the majority of recovery is done through aerobic means.

With the deadlifts I did the first 5 with just a tap on the floor. The last 3 reps were done with a complete reset, rest weight on the floor, sink the hips and push the floor away.

Next week I hope to cut the rest, and maybe increase the reps but not to exceed 10.



All the best in your weight and programs.
Jason, CSCS

No comments: