Wednesday, July 2, 2014

25 Bodyweight Exercises To Replace Traditional Weight Lifting Exercises


The great thing about body weight exercises is that you can use them anytime anywhere.

I hate to have my workout slowed down waiting for equipment or weight. Bodyweight exercises are perfect in these situations.

Another way I like to incorporate body weight exercises into my workout routines is to use them as part of a superset.

Example for a chest workout.

Exercise 1a is a heavy dumbbell incline press.
exercise 1b is a push up variation.

Depending on how tired I am will dictate what push up variation I use.

Deloading

Bodyweight exercises are perfect for deloading weeks. They're easier on your joints. It makes a nice break from heavy lifting.


Below is a list of 25 different bodyweight exercises that you can do instead of traditional free weight exercises. Give them a try.

Check it out here...
25 Bodyweight Exercise Substitutions

No comments: